Friday, August 2, 2013

Book Review: Easy by Tammara Webber

EasySynopsis:
Rescued by a stranger.
Haunted by a secret
Sometimes, love isn’t easy…


He watched her, but never knew her. Until thanks to a chance encounter, he became her savior…

The attraction between them was undeniable. Yet the past he’d worked so hard to overcome, and the future she’d put so much faith in, threatened to tear them apart.

Only together could they fight the pain and guilt, face the truth—and find the unexpected power of love.

A groundbreaking novel in the New Adult genre, Easy faces one girl's struggle to regain the trust she's lost, find the inner strength to fight back against an attacker, and accept the peace she finds in the arms of a secretive boy.



My Review:

   So I guess you could say that this book was one of the few books that I read in the New Adult genre. Although, I don't really see that much of a difference between NA and YA except for maybe it is the fact that the characters in the NA were older. Anyway, onto the actual story, so I found the premise of this book to be rather striking as well as exciting, like an in-your-face type of opening which I liked, but it could also startle the reader easily if you ask me because it just JUMPS straight into action ;)

   And unlike most people, for me, the characters were definitely not the author's strongest feature, like the characters generally weren't bad but just didn't quiet reach my heart. However, that doesn't include Jacqueline and Lucas - the main characters - because I definitely found them better than the other characters and I liked them way more, a connection was formed with them throughout the story. 

   But what I also liked about this book was how it was written. The author's style of writing was really strong if I could say and I was totally able to clearly see the story through Jacqueline's point of view but I would have also loved to see altering chapters between hers and Lucas's POVs which I bet would have been much more interesting but as I said, I did still like it from Jacqueline's POV. As for the story itself, it was pleasurable, heartwarming and eventful but at the same time, there was a sense of simpleness to the story which was also interwoven with a serious issue, all of which I don't necessarily mean in a positive way but not a negative one too if you get what I mean.

   Furthermore, I found the way in which Jacquelune and Lucas  first met - minus their very first 'intense' encounter - cute, you know, with the staring and whatnot. But when Jacqueline's 'relationship' with Lucas started, it sounded a bit cheesy at sometimes which lessened my liking towards their relationship but didn't erase it because they were utterly adorable together and I'll have to admit that there were some really swoon-worthy moments in that book. Another thing that was sort of noteworthy was how the author managed to make Buck, a character whom played a huge role in a main incident that happened in the story, really really creepy.

   Overall, I'd say that Easy was a book that I liked, it wasn't a book that you'd take to the beach, didn't have that light summer essence but it was a good contemporary novel. I found the plot to be entertaining with a bit of a heated romance which was sweet but not spellbinding, characters whom were amicable, a nice writing style and it also involved  a heavy subject. Simply, I wouldn't say that this book was unique but rather enjoyable enough. So if you're a new reader of the NA genre, a constant reader of it or just don't have a clue on what to read next, then I'd say to give this book a try ;)

Title: Easy
Author: Tammara Webber
Series: Stand-alone
Source: Owned
Published: November 6th 2012 by Berkley Trade
Links: Goodreads | Amazon
Rating: 3/5 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, you honestly just made my day ;)

I read each and every comment and I really appreciate sharing your thoughts with me guys! So it always makes me happy to hear from you ;) I will try my best to reply and comment back on your own blog so expect me to visit you soon ;)

*PS: This is now an award free blog and although I really apperciate it and I thank you for considering me but fulfilling these types of posts turns out to be really hard and time consuming :( *

But thank you for stopping by and welcome to Book-A-Holic!
xoxo, Mariam

NOTE: I haven't been commenting on other blogs lately because my laptop's charger is broke so until I get a new one I am using another computer but I guess there is something wrong with it because I can't leave comments on other blogs at all so sorry about that but I'll try and fix that asap. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow on Bloglovin