Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Book Review: The Maze Runner

       
      When i first heard of it, i was immediately attracted to the title as well as the book cover although they always say never to judge a book by its cover, i was still curious to read it. It's absolutely suitable for anybody to read and I was into it after the very first few chapters. The author's way of narrating and how confused you are at the beginning of the story makes you eager to complete reading and makes it more enjoyable.

     The plot is basically about Thomas who find himself in a place called the Glade, with no memories of his own along with 50 other boys, called the Gladers, all trying to find a way out of that maze by sending Runners to study the maze, and should come back before the stone doors of the Glade is closed or to be counted dead because of the Grievers, the giant monsters that live in the maze, outside the walls of the Glade. Each month a new boy comes just as Thomas did. But after Thomas's arrival thing began to change and got more complicated than it already was. The next day a girl comes, which was a surprise to the Gladers, with a note that says that she was the last one to ever arrive to the Glade.

     The difference between the personalities of the characters and their reactions played an important change to the events of the story, leaving it complicated and tragic in a way. By the end, i was able to feel for characters, going through their dilemmas and what's such, it was definitely a page-turner. Overall, this book series as a whole was amazing and I can't wait for the fourth book to come out, although I'm a bit heastiant about it but I will be buying it for sure. Highly recommend it.




Author: James Dashner
Grade Rating : A+
Followed by:
   2nd Book : The Scorch Trials
   3rd Book : The Death Cure
   4th Book : The Kill Order ( Which will be released on 14 August 2012 )

Pages : 374
                                  

2 Comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Mariam,

Nice Review on the Maze Runner, I did a review of it myself on my blog. http://www.bookmark-reviews.blogspot.ca/2012/06/maze-runner.html
I'm glad I read this. I never knew there was a fourth book. I thought the series ended on a clift hanger. I'm so sad for Teresa, she was my favorite! :( I hope she comes back for the fourth novel!

Lectus said...

What? there is 4th book?

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, you honestly just made my day ;)

I read each and every comment and I really appreciate sharing your thoughts with me guys! So it always makes me happy to hear from you ;) I will try my best to reply and comment back on your own blog so expect me to visit you soon ;)

*PS: This is now an award free blog and although I really apperciate it and I thank you for considering me but fulfilling these types of posts turns out to be really hard and time consuming :( *

But thank you for stopping by and welcome to Book-A-Holic!
xoxo, Mariam

NOTE: I haven't been commenting on other blogs lately because my laptop's charger is broke so until I get a new one I am using another computer but I guess there is something wrong with it because I can't leave comments on other blogs at all so sorry about that but I'll try and fix that asap. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow on Bloglovin