Thursday, February 18, 2016

Book Review: Archetype by M.D. Waters

Synopsis:
نتيجة بحث الصور عن ‪archetype book‬‏Introducing a breathtakingly inventive futuristic suspense novel about one woman who rebels against everything she is told to believe.

Emma wakes in a hospital, with no memory of what came before. Her husband, Declan, a powerful, seductive man, provides her with new memories, but her dreams contradict his stories, showing her a past life she can’t believe possible: memories of war, of a camp where girls are trained to be wives, of love for another man. Something inside her tells her not to speak of this, but she does not know why. She only knows she is at war with herself.



Suppressing those dreams during daylight hours, Emma lets Declan mold her into a happily married woman and begins to fall in love with him. But the day Noah stands before her, the line between her reality and dreams shatters.

In a future where women are a rare commodity, Emma fights for freedom but is held captive by the love of two men—one her husband, the other her worst enemy. If only she could remember which is which. . . .

The first novel in a two-part series, Archetype heralds the arrival of a truly memorable character—and the talented author who created her.


My Review: 

   That was hella good! I was superbly impressed with this story, for I didn't expect it to be that good. But, it was and it exceeded my expectations and I am happy to say I loved this book. The closest book I can compare this book with is The Host, they are still completely different stories but I can see that those who enjoyed the Host can enjoy Archetype as well. Furthermore, the premise of this book was you'd call a thriller, I was hooked from page one.

   The plot, Phew! That is just another thing. I was honestly never bored, always at the edge of my seat, for the story was just packed with incidents, twists and turns. The story as a whole was just enjoyable and thrilling I would say. There were some scenes in this story that would just get my heart to squeeze a bit. I thought it was really good and full of incidents, an actual story. The author just did a fantastic job putting it all together. The author's writing was what you'd call sophisticated with a nice and wide range of vocabulary but still easy to follow. 

   The characters, I liked the characters, especially Emma and shockingly, Declan, I mean he was still a sweet-heart. I think the characters were well-written, not the best but good and they contributed a big part in making this story as good as it was.  I am also looking forward to knowing more of Noah in the sequel but I can say that I'll love him.


   As for the romantic aspect in this story, I would say that it is yet to blossom in the sequel. We could see snippets of a love story, I don't know what else to call it but it fitted the story and went well with the plot. And the ending was a brilliant, kinda complicated one and I didn't see it coming but I loved despite it being a cliffhanger but now, I just can't wait to read the next book. 


   I liked the idea behind the book, it was thoughtful in my opinion, it kinda reflects a couple of things we have in real world. And although part of the main idea was a bit too science-fictiony for me but I didn't mind it too much, it was still interesting and very well-executed. And what was even more twisty was that Emma fell in love with two but not in the sense that would come to one's mind, it wasn't as cheesy as I made it sound but you'll have to read the book to get what I am talking about, enough to say that it added to the story some heat. 

   Overall, this book guys was an amazing, heartfelt story with a main idea that we do not see very often. I was unexpectedly happy with what I found in this book, from the characters to the story to the writing, the author definitely did pull it off all together astoundingly. I had a fun time reading it. So if you are looking for a good fantasy/scientific fiction/dystopian novel with a bit of romance and an entertaining and intriguing storyline, then I'd say to definitely give this book a try.


Title: Archetype
Author: M.D. Waters
Series: Archetype #1
Source: Review Copy
Release Date: February 6th 2014 by Dutton Adult
Links: Goodreads | Amazon
Rating: 4/5

*Thanks to Dutton Books for providing me with a review e-copy*

Happy Reading!
xoxo, Mariam

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard excellent things about Archetype, your review was great as well. I think this one will be my next read as I already have it in my TBR pile. I am deeply into Semmant at the moment, it's by Vadim Babenko, vadimbabenko.com for his info. He's got another one I am wanting to read as well called A Simple Soul. There is something about his writing and the premise in this one I really dig.

Anonymous said...

pretty nice blog, following :)

Unknown said...

So, now we come to the big fight replica handbags, well, maybe. It could also hermes outlet be time for a fendi replica nice quiet walk into the Palace, where everyone has tea! Okay http://www.cityofwestwego.com/home.asp, maybe not.During the last years of gucci replica Han Dynasty, the world was filled with chaos and replica belts disorder. Three girls, Ryubi, Kan'u, and Chohi pledge to be blood-sisters in order to settle this world. After overcoming prada replica many hardships, they were finally able to bring back peace. However, a new evil creeps into their momentary peace. The battles of Muso girls are about to start once again.

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, you honestly just made my day ;)

I read each and every comment and I really appreciate sharing your thoughts with me guys! So it always makes me happy to hear from you ;) I will try my best to reply and comment back on your own blog so expect me to visit you soon ;)

*PS: This is now an award free blog and although I really apperciate it and I thank you for considering me but fulfilling these types of posts turns out to be really hard and time consuming :( *

But thank you for stopping by and welcome to Book-A-Holic!
xoxo, Mariam

NOTE: I haven't been commenting on other blogs lately because my laptop's charger is broke so until I get a new one I am using another computer but I guess there is something wrong with it because I can't leave comments on other blogs at all so sorry about that but I'll try and fix that asap. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow on Bloglovin