Saturday, March 24, 2012

On My Wishlist #1

     On My Wishlist is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Book Chick City that runs every Saturday. It's a place where you can put up all the books you're desperate to read, but haven't actually bought them yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. And, even better, everyone can join in with too, because there's a Mr Linky so you can put your post up. All you have to do is click on the link below:

 

And this is my first........

DESTINED ( House of Night #9 )
Author: P. C. Cast & Kristin Cast
Published: 25th October 2011 
Genre: Paranormal/Fantasy
The outline of Goodreads Summary :
    Zoey is finally home where she belongs, safe with  her Guardian Warrior, Stark, by her side, and preparing to face off against Neferet. But then there’s the mysterious Aurox, a jaw-droppingly gorgeous teen boy who is actually more—or possibly less—than human. Only Neferet knows he was created to be her greatest weapon     
    Will Neferet’s true nature be revealed before she succeeds in silencing them all? And will Zoey be able to touch Aurox’s humanity in time to protect him—and everyone—from his own fate? Find out what’s destined in the next thrilling chapter of the House of Night series.
    Since I enjoyed reading the other 8 books in the House of Night series, I really wanted to read this one although in my opinion, the story should have ended in the last book Awakened. Yet I still am really excited to see what's next in the Zoey's problem-ish life.  

 THE CONSTANT PRINCESS ( The Tudors #1 )

 Author: Philippa Gregory
Genre: Historical Fiction
Published: 6th December 2005The outline of Goodreads Summary:

      Katherine of Aragon is born Catalina, the Spanish Infanta, to parents who are both kings and crusaders. At the age of three, she is betrothed to Prince Arthur, son and heir of Henry VII of England, and is raised to be Princess of Wales. Her faith is tested when her prospective father-in-law greets her arrival in her new country with a great insult; Arthur seems little better than a boy. Slowly she adapts to the first Tudor court, and life as Arthur's wife grows ever more bearable. Unexpectedly in this arranged marriage, a tender and passionate love develops." But when the studious young man dies, she is left to make her own future: how can she now be queen, and found a dynasty? Only by marrying Arthur's young brother, the sunny but spoilt Henry. His father and grandmother are against it. She will do anything to achieve her aim; even if it means telling the greatest lie, and holding to it.

     This is the first book in the Tudors series, and I'm so interested in this type of genre, espcially after reading The White Queen. In addition that Philippa Gregory is one of my favourite authors.

THE LOOK
  Author: Sophia Bennet
Published: 1st March 2012
Genre: Young Adult
    Ted is fifteen, and...oh yes...tall. When she's spotted by a model agency, she can't believe it.

   At the same time, Ted's fashionista sister, Ava, is diagnosed with cancer. With her world turned upside down, Ted has a lot of growing up to do, some of it in five-inch platforms. Should she be the model sister for Ava? Life in front of the camera is harder than it looks. And will they still be smiling when it’s over?
Read so many good reviews about it. Can't wait to read it.




DIVERGENT ( Divergent #1 )



Author: Veronica Roth
Published: 3rd May 2011
Genre: Science Fiction/Distopia
In a future Chicago, 16-year-old Beatrice Prior must choose among five predetermined factions to define her identity for the rest of her life, a decision made more difficult when she discovers that she is an anomaly who does not fit into any one group, and that the society she lives in is not perfect after all.



That was mine !!
What about you, what's on your wishlist ? :)
xoxo, Mariam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, you honestly just made my day ;)

I read each and every comment and I really appreciate sharing your thoughts with me guys! So it always makes me happy to hear from you ;) I will try my best to reply and comment back on your own blog so expect me to visit you soon ;)

*PS: This is now an award free blog and although I really apperciate it and I thank you for considering me but fulfilling these types of posts turns out to be really hard and time consuming :( *

But thank you for stopping by and welcome to Book-A-Holic!
xoxo, Mariam

NOTE: I haven't been commenting on other blogs lately because my laptop's charger is broke so until I get a new one I am using another computer but I guess there is something wrong with it because I can't leave comments on other blogs at all so sorry about that but I'll try and fix that asap. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow on Bloglovin