Monday, October 29, 2012

Book Review: Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire


Goodreads:
The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate percentage of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance between her and the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University's Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs—and wants—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.

My Review:

     OMG! Just purely and amazingly ADDICTING. I enjoyed this story way too much that I read it in one day and I couldn't even start reading another book right away because I was still stuck in this one so it's going to be a hard one to forget, it was just brilliant! But the reason behind me finding this amazing book was Jen from A Reading Daydreamer and I just love her for it, you can go check out her review here :)

     So the story follows the events of Abby Abernathy's life, a girl with a past that she ran away from and wanted to start a clean start. But things went a bit crazy and wild after meeting Travis who she tried not to fall for, for quite a few reasons. However, they both ended up on rocking a very unhealthy - yet sweet - relationship that rocked their world all together.

     It was subtly written and the characters were all just awesome like that, although to be honest, some characters were far too perfect, but here, in this story I feel that perfectness is somewhat acceptable because it beautifies the story in a moderate way and even delivers some common meanings, like true love and true friendship. And I really liked Travis's family and how Abby went along with his brothers, it was so just cute.

    Looking at how much of a mess Travis was at first and some of his very childish acts, still I just LOVED him although he wasn't really my type of guy with all the tattoos and the fighting, and it wasn't essence of the bad boy that I usually liked but he was still a swoon-worthy guy and I just really liked him with Abby, ( They were one of the sweetest couples in my history of YA Contemporaries! ) I enjoyed their relationship and was never tired of it despite it being a bit of a rollar coaster with them fighting and breaking up non-stop. Nonetheless, it was nerve-raking and somewhat agonizing to see them apart. And although there was some cheesiness in the book and some flaws, I didn't think of them as some huge flaws or anything, the book to me was still utterly perfect but I have to say that the ending was a bit epic and hasty.

   Overall, words can't describe how much I enjoyed this book. Yet, I can say that this story isn't for everybody but personally, all I can say is just READ IT! READ IT! A heart-wrenching, poignant story with a smoking-hot romance and an interesting storyline that will keep you glued to the pages until the very end. Highly recommend it! 

Title: Beautiful Disaster
Author: Jamie McGuire
Series: Beautiful
Published: August 14th 2012 by Atria Books
Source: Owned
Links: Goodreads | Amazon
Rating: 5/5

PS: I actually wrote this review a long time ago and totally forgot about it :/

Happy Reading!
xoxo, Mariam

1 Comments:

Alisa Selene said...

I struggled with this one but I understand why so many people enjoy it!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, you honestly just made my day ;)

I read each and every comment and I really appreciate sharing your thoughts with me guys! So it always makes me happy to hear from you ;) I will try my best to reply and comment back on your own blog so expect me to visit you soon ;)

*PS: This is now an award free blog and although I really apperciate it and I thank you for considering me but fulfilling these types of posts turns out to be really hard and time consuming :( *

But thank you for stopping by and welcome to Book-A-Holic!
xoxo, Mariam

NOTE: I haven't been commenting on other blogs lately because my laptop's charger is broke so until I get a new one I am using another computer but I guess there is something wrong with it because I can't leave comments on other blogs at all so sorry about that but I'll try and fix that asap. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow on Bloglovin