Saturday, October 6, 2012

BooK Review: More by T.M. Franklin

Goodreads Summary:
Ava Michaels used to think she was special.

As a child, she fantasized about having magical powers . . . making things happen. But Ava grew up and eventually accepted the fact that her childish dreams were just that, and maybe a normal life wasn't so bad after all.

Now a young college student, Ava meets Caleb Foster, a brilliant and mysterious man who’s supposed to help her pass Physics, but in reality has another mission in mind. What he shows Ava challenges her view of the world, shaking it to its very core.

Because Caleb isn't quite what he seems. In fact, he's not entirely human, and he's not the only one.

Together, the duo faces a threat from an ancient race bound to protect humans, but only after protecting their own secrets—secrets they fear Ava may expose. Fighting to survive, Ava soon learns she's not actually normal . . . she's not even just special. She's a little bit more.

My Review:

      From the beginning of this book, I was kinda put off by the writing style which was written in a third person point of view and it got really perplexing sometimes. Even more was that the story had a really slow-pacing that it took until the ending of the book to actually get to the interesting, paranormal part of the story. You see, this book just seemed as the beginning of a good story/series and that wouldn't be in favor of the the series here because you'd need to read the first book and it wasn't the most entertaining book but it was still good.

      I liked Abby enough to be just an average main character, nothing too cool or unique about her. And Caleb, at first I was really bored with him and the story itself but then when the hard times came around, he kind turned into a kick-ass guy and was obviously falling for Abby. It took the author a very long time to actually get the characters to move, it was when she actually got everything out that I could clearly observe that this story and this world building was more than just average but the author wasn't quite capable of putting it all together perfectly. Through out the story, this book will keep you wondering and asking about a lot of things and get you  all excited at some moments but this ended up making this book, a shallow one for the most part.

      Overall, this was more of an okay read. Personally, I thought of it as a set up for the sequel which I'm really excited about. So if you can be patient as I was and read the whole book, that's when you're gonna see some light, you can see the beginning of a good story in this book and a good romance too but nothing more unfortunately. I won't say anything about the series until I read the sequel but I'm definitely intrigued, enough to make me eagerly await the next one :)

Title: More
Author: T.M. Franklin
Series: More #1
Release Date: October 4th 2012 by TWCS Publishing House
Source: NetGalley ( For Review )
Links: Goodreads | Amazon
Rating: 2.5/5


*Thanks to NetGalley and TWCS Publishing House  for providing me with an eARC*

Happy Reading!
xoxo, Mariam

3 Comments:

Kimberly @ Turning the Pages said...

This one sounds like an interesting read that's for darn sure. I hadn't heard of it before I found your post on Book Blogs, but your review totally has me interested in reading this!
Great review! + New GFC follower :D
-Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

Jen (Books and Other Happy Ever Afters) said...

This book sure seems strange! I was hesitant about picking this one up and I'm kind of glad I didn't.. :O Yay for being excited for the sequel though! Great review, thanks for the honest opinions!

Multimemo said...

Kimberly!
Hope you enjoy it more than I did and it's definitely a good start for a series as I said :) But thanks for stopping by and for following ;D
xoxo, Mariam

Jen!
Yay! Thank you! and I know it sounded creepy at first and it kinda was but just not enough and with the bad pacing... :/ Glad you stopped by though Jen ;D
xoxo, Mariam

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, you honestly just made my day ;)

I read each and every comment and I really appreciate sharing your thoughts with me guys! So it always makes me happy to hear from you ;) I will try my best to reply and comment back on your own blog so expect me to visit you soon ;)

*PS: This is now an award free blog and although I really apperciate it and I thank you for considering me but fulfilling these types of posts turns out to be really hard and time consuming :( *

But thank you for stopping by and welcome to Book-A-Holic!
xoxo, Mariam

NOTE: I haven't been commenting on other blogs lately because my laptop's charger is broke so until I get a new one I am using another computer but I guess there is something wrong with it because I can't leave comments on other blogs at all so sorry about that but I'll try and fix that asap. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow on Bloglovin