Friday, October 26, 2012

Feature and Follow Friday #12

Gain New Blog Followers

Feature & Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by 
Alison Can Read and Parajunkee where they choose a featured blogger every week along with a question for everybody to answer! It's an awesome way to meet new book bloggers and share the follower love :)
 
***
 
Q: What writing device or trick most irritates you when reading a book? For example, if an author employs an omnipotent narrator that is sometimes considered bad form.
 
Third POV'S: God! Reading a book written in a third person state can completely ruin a book for me although in some books, it doesn't really matter and it may sometimes even work but that's very rare.
Pacing: An amazing storyline with a bunch of good characters in it and then BOOM! comes a horrible pacing, slow or sometimes even inconsistent.
Insta-love: It doesn't always work in some books and as the romance in the books plays a great deal in enjoying it. A bad one can be pretty annoying.
Overdone Plots: With some books, fiction or contemporaries, some illogical details or incidents take place, ones that are unrealistic to a provactive level and makes the story cheesy and cliched.
 
***
 
So what about you? What usually annoys or irriatates you when reading a book? Leave me a comment down below or a link to your own post which I'll be sure to check out ;)

Happy Friday!
xoxo, Mariam

8 Comments:

Lucy Powrie said...

I completely agree on all points!
Sometimes third person can ruin a book, but I absolutely loved City of Bones!

New follower! :)
Here is my FF: http://readwritesleepeat.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/feature-and-follow-friday-2.html

The Readdicts said...

Honestly, I don't mind insta-love, but I completely agree with a slow pace getting all irritating and extremely overdone plots!

New follower here! :)

My Feature & Follow Friday

Sarika @ The Readdicts

Unknown said...

I'm not a big fan of insta-love but I don't mind third person, it really depends on how it's written. I do get sick of the clichéd, overdone plots. Getting a story that breaks from those patterns is really refreshing!

New follower. :)

Here's my FF.

Multimemo said...

Lucy!
Thank you! But I actually haven't read City of Bones - yet - but hope I do soon because it sounds awesome ;) Thanks for following! Following you back :D
xoxo, Mariam

Sarika!
I know! It always differs ;) But thanks for stopping by and for following me! Following you back <3
xoxo, Mariam

Myra!
Yeah! It varies and depends on the author's style of writing too :) But thanks for stopping by and for following me!
xoxo, Mariam

Anonymous said...

Opps! Forgot to include those ones on my post! :D
Check out MY FF

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Third person pov doesn't bother me too much. But I do prefer first person.

I cannot stand insta love either. It's sooo annoying that with a simple look a character is so deeply in love with another!

Here's my Follow Friday

Have a GREAT weekend!

Old Follower :)

Unknown said...

I agree, especailly with the insta-love!

New follower

My FF

Shane @ItchingforBooks said...

Great points. I'll consider them all.

old follower
http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2012/10/feature-and-follow-24.html

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, you honestly just made my day ;)

I read each and every comment and I really appreciate sharing your thoughts with me guys! So it always makes me happy to hear from you ;) I will try my best to reply and comment back on your own blog so expect me to visit you soon ;)

*PS: This is now an award free blog and although I really apperciate it and I thank you for considering me but fulfilling these types of posts turns out to be really hard and time consuming :( *

But thank you for stopping by and welcome to Book-A-Holic!
xoxo, Mariam

NOTE: I haven't been commenting on other blogs lately because my laptop's charger is broke so until I get a new one I am using another computer but I guess there is something wrong with it because I can't leave comments on other blogs at all so sorry about that but I'll try and fix that asap. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow on Bloglovin