Monday, November 26, 2012

Book Review: Legend by Marie Lu

Goodreads Summary:
What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic’s wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic’s highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country’s most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem.

From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths—until the day June’s brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family’s survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias’s death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets.


My Review:

   I haven't read a dystopian future novel for ages now and I can say that I missed them a lot! And Legend by Marie Lu was just what I need. It was a very enjoyable story and a promising prequel too! The pacing, the world-building, the characters were all well-put together and formed what I could call a

   June Iparis was a character that I just craved for. I absolutely adored her relationship with her brother, Metias ( who just seemed so kind ). And how he died  just ripped my heart out and made me shed a tear. June was this smart-ass girl and I admired how smart she was and how she noticed every tiny detail and turned it into a part of the situation or the person. I loved he raw feelings and how loyal she was to herself and what's around, once she realised the wrong from the right, she took actions smartly and wisely. Unfortunately though, the romance in this book wasn't as good, it just lacked the passion and the authenticity. The book had it's flaws and some cliched parts or rather really traditional parts that just didn't suit the storyline because it was a really good one.

      Overall, I cannot say anything except that I enjoyed this book and even devoured it one sitting! And although, in my opinion the story itself should have been carried out differently, in a further unique way. It was still really good and entertaining but not the best. It didn't leave me with much of a cliffhanger too. A riveting story with an enjoyable story line and bunch of good characters . So if you're not as familiar with dystopian future novels then I can guarantee that you'll find this one quite amazing. Recommend it! 

Title: Legend
Author: Marie Lu
Series: Legend #1
Published: November 29th 2011 by Putnam Juvenile
Source: Owned
Links: Goodreads | Amazon
Rating: 4/5

xoxo, Mariam

3 Comments:

Unknown said...

I just bought Legend! When I first saw it I thought I wouldn't like it, but when I saw it the other day in the bookstore and read the synopsis I really wanted to read it! I haven't yet, but I will soon!

Thanks for the great review!
Helene @ Helene's World of Books

Reading Past Midnight said...

Wonderful review! Sounds AMAZING!! Definately on my " to-read" list.

Alisa Selene said...

I have read a lot of good reviews of this book!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, you honestly just made my day ;)

I read each and every comment and I really appreciate sharing your thoughts with me guys! So it always makes me happy to hear from you ;) I will try my best to reply and comment back on your own blog so expect me to visit you soon ;)

*PS: This is now an award free blog and although I really apperciate it and I thank you for considering me but fulfilling these types of posts turns out to be really hard and time consuming :( *

But thank you for stopping by and welcome to Book-A-Holic!
xoxo, Mariam

NOTE: I haven't been commenting on other blogs lately because my laptop's charger is broke so until I get a new one I am using another computer but I guess there is something wrong with it because I can't leave comments on other blogs at all so sorry about that but I'll try and fix that asap. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow on Bloglovin