Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Book Review : Linger - The Wolves of Mercy Falls #2

      Grace and Sam were eager to finally stay together for good, as the problem of Sam's turning to a wolf was solved. Yet leaving a bigger problem, her parents. Until Grace started having headache, almost all the time and fever, thinking it was just a virus, Grace knew that there was more to it than a normal illness. But are they to lose each other again yet after struggling to be together ?
     Linger is the second book in The Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy and the sequel to Shiver, which if you haven't read alreadyyou can check my review on it http://booka-holic.blogspot.com/2012/02/book-review-shiver-maggie-stiefvater.html. As i didn't enjoy Shiver as this one, i felt that it was sort of setting up the story for Linger. Linger was written from the point of view of Grace, Sam, Isabel and Cole. Cole is the newest member of the pack, whose own past was a double-edged weapon as it might expose the whole pack but at the same time he was a hero. The storyline of him and Isabel, who was nonetheless drawn to him, gave the story a whole another dimension although it wasn't much, I'm looking forward for more in the next book
      Grace's absent minded parents came into the light in this book, making it harder for both Sam and Grace, seeing Sam as a bad influence on their daughter, more likely acting like parents and grounding her. They were separated, making their relationship appear more realistic, doing different stuff separately although it seemed hard for both of them, feeling torn. It was an enchanting love story, in a way that you'll not be able to forget. While Sam was still grappling between his past as a werewolf and trying to figure how to deal with his future and his dreams which was once impossible and Grace lost and torn, but again was what happened to her what she once really wanted? How will she deal with it? I guess we'll know in the next book which I can't wait to read and
 I highly recommend this book, which I absolutely enjoyed reading.

Author : Maggie Stiefvater
Grade Rating : A
Followed by :
      3rd book : Forever
Pages : 368

2 Comments:

the creation of beauty is art. said...

I haven't read this series, but it sounds really great!
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

Multimemo said...

Thank you and definitely try reading it ;)

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, you honestly just made my day ;)

I read each and every comment and I really appreciate sharing your thoughts with me guys! So it always makes me happy to hear from you ;) I will try my best to reply and comment back on your own blog so expect me to visit you soon ;)

*PS: This is now an award free blog and although I really apperciate it and I thank you for considering me but fulfilling these types of posts turns out to be really hard and time consuming :( *

But thank you for stopping by and welcome to Book-A-Holic!
xoxo, Mariam

NOTE: I haven't been commenting on other blogs lately because my laptop's charger is broke so until I get a new one I am using another computer but I guess there is something wrong with it because I can't leave comments on other blogs at all so sorry about that but I'll try and fix that asap. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow on Bloglovin