Sunday, February 5, 2012

Book Review : Shiver - The Wolves of Mercy Falls #1

      As a child, Grace Brisbane was once attacked by wolves. An accident that was stuck in her head even 6 years later, she couldn't stop thinking about the pair of unique, striking yellow eyes that she saw that day, her saviour, Sam. Sam was a werewolf. He and his pack were to be changed into a wolf form in colder weather and return humans in warmer weather but eventually they turns into wolfs permanently and die. However, after the disapperance of Jack, a boy in  Grace's school, whom ought to be turned into a werewolf. This resulted in a hunting trip of those wolves which freaked Grace out, fearful for ' her wolf '. Yet eventually Sam was shot and Grace found him bleeding, and thats when she first saw him in his human form...  
    Maggie Stiefvater did a superb job in writing this story, I love her style of writing, very descriptive, it was imaginable and so i was captivated to start reading this book, that's what I usually find that drags the reader. This is the first book in Stiefvater's trilogy The Wolves of Mercy Falls. Shiver was written from the point of view of both Grace and Sam, which made it sound down-to-earth and made me able to understand both of them .
    Their love story was the sweetest thing, they were deeply in love. Although her parents' role was illogical, I mean how couldn't they notice that someone was literally living with them, in their daughter's room ? It just didn't fit, one way or another. The temperature effect on the wolves changing was a good addition, although as you go on with events of the story, scientifically not everything is convincing but you know, it's a fiction novel. And i assure you that you'll laugh, too.

     I do recommend this novel but just don't except much, i still liked it. Yet, if you like the supernatural romance stories or Twilight, you'll definitely like this one.

Author : Maggie Stiefvater
Grade Rating : B+
Followed by :
      2nd Book : Linger
      3rd Book : Forever
Pages : 390

2 Comments:

beautiful me plus you said...

Great review... I love twillight... have to check this one out..lovely blog! I am your newest follower!
Greets from Dublin!
xxx Marina

Multimemo said...

Thank you so much Marina !!
xxx :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, you honestly just made my day ;)

I read each and every comment and I really appreciate sharing your thoughts with me guys! So it always makes me happy to hear from you ;) I will try my best to reply and comment back on your own blog so expect me to visit you soon ;)

*PS: This is now an award free blog and although I really apperciate it and I thank you for considering me but fulfilling these types of posts turns out to be really hard and time consuming :( *

But thank you for stopping by and welcome to Book-A-Holic!
xoxo, Mariam

NOTE: I haven't been commenting on other blogs lately because my laptop's charger is broke so until I get a new one I am using another computer but I guess there is something wrong with it because I can't leave comments on other blogs at all so sorry about that but I'll try and fix that asap. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow on Bloglovin