Friday, May 25, 2012

Book Review: The Lucky One

   Logan Thiabolt never actually believed in lucky charms, but loss can change a lot in a human being. Anyway, Logan set on a trip after getting back from Iraq, to find this woman in a picture that he found there, whom he ratified to bring him luck, enough to save to his life. Will he ever find this woman.... umm well, of course he will. But what will be the next step, what is after finding her...


   My first Nicholas Sparks novel. And it was a pleasant one. I never thought that I would get easily sucked into the story especially since I never read anything before for Sparks so his style of writing is a bit different but I absolutely love it. And it was just a sweet romantic story with a unique idea that added to it.

   What I feel that I like the most about the story is the characters. They are so genuine and down-to-earth and being able to envisage Logan as Zac Efron ( as in the movie) and Beth as Taylor Schilling all the time made it easier for me to live the events more virtually.

   Logan and Beth were so sweet together. Even before there was actually anything between them, they were just stunning. Especially Logan, his character reflected what seemed to be a portentous, sober and cool person, just a sexy personality all in all. Sparks was able to insert some details and incidents that would to some extent, metamorphose the story's track. And even though I never really thought that Elizabeth would be a real mother as in her reactions but Sparks demonstrated it quite well. Whenever she was around Ben I could the tenderness and the typical actions of a mother. 

   It is definitely a lighter read than most, which is good. And I personally enjoyed it and so I do recommend it for those of you who want to take a break from all the fictional stories or even better who doesn't like them at all.


Author: Nicholas Sparks
Grade Rating:


Follow Nicholas Sparks:


xoxo, Mariam

1 Comments:

Special Needs Mom said...

I thought the movie was much better than the book.

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, you honestly just made my day ;)

I read each and every comment and I really appreciate sharing your thoughts with me guys! So it always makes me happy to hear from you ;) I will try my best to reply and comment back on your own blog so expect me to visit you soon ;)

*PS: This is now an award free blog and although I really apperciate it and I thank you for considering me but fulfilling these types of posts turns out to be really hard and time consuming :( *

But thank you for stopping by and welcome to Book-A-Holic!
xoxo, Mariam

NOTE: I haven't been commenting on other blogs lately because my laptop's charger is broke so until I get a new one I am using another computer but I guess there is something wrong with it because I can't leave comments on other blogs at all so sorry about that but I'll try and fix that asap. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow on Bloglovin